Learia Larp rules
All players have 100 points to spend on weapons as follows, so please plan ahead in order not to exceed your point limit.
Please see the ‘What to bring’ section for approved weapons.
You will receive two (unless specified in special rules) bracelets that represent your healing potions. If you choose to ‘drink’ it, you will be restored to the battle and all lost limbs will be healed. If you only drink a half of the potion, then any lost limbs will be healed. This means that you can use the potion once when you die to bring you back to life, or twice to heal your ‘wounds’. Once you’ve finished the potion, you must rip off the armband. You may give potions to other players if you wish.
Should you choose to, you can ‘buy’ with your allotted points a certain number of spells. There are two types of spells; Paralyze and Invisibility. You can never kill an opponent with spells (unless otherwise specified in the special rules). These spells will be represented by small bags of birdseed. The caster throws a packet of birdseed at the opponent and says the name of the spell to determine whether or not the spell has hit.
If you choose the Paralyze spell, the limb or limbs that were hit (this spell cannot kill) will be rendered useless until the battle with the caster is over.
The Invisible spell renders the person hit unable to see you and anyone else that had been battling them, and you have an opportunity to run away. You may not attack the person on which you have cast this spell. For example, if you and your Wood Elf ally are battling a giant, you may cast this spell on him and he will be unable to see either of you and you may run away, but you may not attack him.
To cast a spell you must throw the packet of birdseed at the opponent and say the name of the spell out loud. Example: Throw the packet at your opponent and shout “Invisibility!”. Please be reasonable. If the packet hits, then the spell takes effect. If a packet grazes, then the spell has missed. Each bag is only good for one use. You may give magic spells to other players if you wish. You may barter.
The Guards and princess of Raedelle:
The Wood Elves are extremely proficient in magic. If you are hit by one of their Paralyze spells, you treat it as a normal weapon, and die if you are hit in the chest.
The Guards and King of LaFarga:
Pirates are extremely crafty, and used to dodging things thrown at them. If they are hit by a projectile weapon, they ignore the wounds/limb loss, but still die if they are hit in the chest. (Unless hit by a spell; only the Princess and her guards can kill with a spell)
The Guards and Prince of Pyria:
A nation built truly on resilience: the Pyrians just don’t seem to die!
They Prince and his guards get an extra healing potion.
The Guards and Queen of Trydan:
Trydan is chalk-full of tough-as-nails people. Nobody (except for the Pyrian Prince) can use a healing potion when hit by the guard’s and their queen’s heavy weapons. Longswords, axes, etc.
Being an Elf
Being born an elf of any kind, in any country, has its benefits. All elves, and only elves, may use marshmallow bow-and-arrows, the ‘bow and mallow’ varieties. This allows them to fire slightly faster than other races.
The God of Blood and Carnage
Those who follow Khorne, the ancient god of murder, are immune to paralysis and death by all casters, save for the princess of Raedelle herself. The followers of this vengeful god can be recognized by the red warpaint completely saturating their bodies. As a result, they have a -40 modifier in their allotted points with which to buy weapons and spells. Those following this god may not use Paralysis spells.
(If you’re covered in red paint, like not just your head and arms, your whole body, you may join this Bloody Cult)
1.You are NEVER, at any time, to aim for a person’s head.
2. Wherever you are hit, you must go on playing as if you have lost that limb. If you are hit in the arm, tuck the arm behind your back and keep fighting. If you are hit in the chest, you are dead.
3.If you are hit in the chest by a spell (unless specified in the caster’s special rules) you do not die.
4. If you are seen striking ANYONE with an unapproved Learia weapon or item (sticks, etc..) you will be immediately disqualified and asked to sit out.
5. Be a good sport! If someone has hit you, graciously accept the fact and either use a potion, tuck the limb away or die an honorable death.
6. If by some freak chain of events, you are injured, take off your county’s cloth and wave it in the air. This will signify that you are forfeiting the game and may need help. Other players: look out for this. If you see anyone waving their country’s color in the air, notify someone immediately and DO NOT ATTACK THEM.
7. You may not hit anyone with your bare hands. Ever. Anything you hit someone with must have foam ALL OVER IT.
8. Please no nudity. I don’t want to get arrested, you don’t want to get arrested…Shirtless for the men is fine, but no ‘strategically placed’ tape or anything like that. Scantly clad: fine. Boobs: not fine.
9. NO TURTLING. Turtling is covering yourself in shields, or retreating into a small fortress when you’re being attacked.
Remember, in an LARP, anything can happen! Form alliances, become a bodyguard or spy, heck, become a double or triple agent!