Everyone has heard of The Great Smoky Mountains, but how many of us have actually been there? Your next vacation should be to beautiful Tennessee to visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is located at 107 Park Headquarters Rd. Gatlinburg, TN and can be reached by telephone (865) 436-1200! The admission to the park is free for all ages and open year round. The mountains have had a long human history spanning thousands of years. World renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life and the beauty of its ancient mountains, this is America’s most visited national park. You can find directions HERE! There are no parks like this one, it is a must see for you and the family the views are extremely breathtaking! Come visit us!
You know you’re from Tennessee if:
01. You measure distance in minutes.
02. You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
03. You use “fix” as a verb. Example: “I’m fixing to go to the store
04. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
05. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
06. You know what a “VOL” is.
07. You carry jumper cables in your car…for your OWN car.
08. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday
09. You find 100 degrees fahrenheit “a little warm”.
10. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.
11. You know whether another Tennessean is from east, west or middle Tennessee as soon as they open their mouth.
12. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as”goin’ Wal-martin” or off to “Wally World”.
13. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good pinto-bean weather.
14. A carbonated soft drink isn’t a soda, cola or pop…it’s a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: “What kinda coke you want?”
15. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
16. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from Tennessee (and those who just wish they were).
Everyone remembers Billy Mays, He created the concept of selling stuff on T.V. Anything you wanted you could get for the great price of just 19.95. So in a wired tribute to the best in the business, here is a special dollar just for the man himself.
It seems to be an unwritten lawn that as a celebrity you must stand out. As if fame isn’t enough, you have got to wear the most eccentric and expensive things out there, cause wild scandals, and give your kid the weirdest name in history. Names like Jenny, Jim, Anne, John, are just to common. After you’ve looked at these baby names you will be glad you weren’t born as their kid.
Child of: Nicolas Cage
Its obvious that he likes Superman…
9. Fifi Trixibelle
Child of: Bob Geldof and Paula Yates
Imagine that name in the work place. “Ms. Trixibelle would like that report now.” How is anyone going to take that seriously. She better grow up to be a princess with a name like that.
Child of: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
What are they going to name their next kid, Banana?
7. Sage Moonblood
Child of: Sylvester Stallone
Look at the parent and you have your answer…
6. Prince Michael II/Blanket
Child of: Michael Jackson
‘Prince’ that is a little odd. ‘Michael II’ is totally acceptable, but /Blanket…I mean WHAT? Unfortunately we will never get the story behind that name.
5. Rocket Rodriguez
Child of: Robert Rodriguez
Well we knows what is in his future. With a name like that their really is only one real profession for you.
4. Moxie Crimefighter
Child of: Penn Jillette
Their theory was that you never really use the middle name so why not make it fun. Yeah, but what about ‘Moxie’? It sounds like a cat who attacks you socks.
3. Tu Morrow
Child of: Rob Morrow (from the TV show Numb3rs)
This is just a terrible pun. Why not ‘Mary Christmas’ or ‘Hal O’wean’. Imagine saying “Good morning Tu Morrow…”
2. Audio Science
Child of: Actress Shannyn Sossamon
Isn’t that a band?
1. Pilot Inspector
Child of: Jason Lee
Honestly, I am at a loss for words. But hey Jason Lee is funny, now his kid at least has a funny name.
0. Moon Unit and Diva Thin Muffin
Child of: Frank Zappa
He named his other kids Dweezil and Ahmet…
1. Information and picture from: http://www.cracked.com/