You should start with what would you like to plant. What would you like to have in your herb garden? Herbs are good for cooking and often used for medicinal purposes. I am going to list a few herbs that you may want to consider adding to your garden.
- Echinacea – great for boosting immune systems
- Sage – delicious!
- Lavender – wonderfully relaxing
- Thyme – versatile in recipes
- Mint – makes a great tea
- Chives – a kitchen staple
- Dill – fabulous on fish
- Parsley – more than just a garnish!
These are some of the many varieties of herbs you can plant in your herb gardens. People have big plots for herb gardens, or you can settle with a window sill herb garden. You can reach right outside your window and pick some fresh herbs for your culinary dishes. Most of the above plants will grow well and survive in New York or New Jersey.