Web.com – The Web Simplified for Small Businesses
Are you a small business looking to ‘get online’? The choices for launching and marketing a website can be daunting, particularly to the new Internet user. There are a couple things you absolutely need as a small business owner:
1. A clear website that represents your brand and or product.
2. Easy-to-find email, address, phone and hours of operation.
3. Information about what sets you apart as a business.
Once you have established these 3 steps (imagine you are creating a brochure for the web), you can start thinking about marketing your website. There are a few basics you’ll want to make sure you have covered.
1. Make sure if you have a physical location, that your customers know about your website, or join your email list when they purchase from you.
2. Make sure your website ‘shows up’ when people search for your business name (or related terms) into the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, AOL and Bing.
3. Keep your domain name easy to remember and as short as possible.
There are many options for creating and marketing a website. I recently experimented with Web.com. They have a couple of great options that allow you to get your website up and running quickly and inexpensively. They also have lots of customer service reps (who actually answer the phone).
Other inexpensive choices for your online marketing: