How are businesses luring in customers when the streets are empty? The pandemic has made it difficult for retail businesses to thrive. As more people shop online, retail has had to find other ways to compete. Unfortunately, they no longer can rely on human interaction to distinguish themselves. Lockdowns, quarantines and social distancing have all complicated these in-person shopping experiences.
To stay afloat, many brands are moving to the digital space. But to avoid being purely transactional, they must do more than have a website. They must find meaningful ways to interact with customers and build strong connections. This is why more brands are taking customers on digital shopping journeys using social commerce.
Social Media Stories: Meeting Customers Where They Are
Successful brands meet customers where they are, whether they’re just learning about a product or are ready to make a purchase. The best platform for real-time interactions is social media. Stories, in particular, have transformed social media and advertising. In fact, some say we’re witnessing the social media landscape merge fully into Stories.
Just about all social media platforms have a Stories feature – Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and others. Heck, TikTok was built on Stories! New versions are being developed all the time to give users more options in terms of filters, editing, sound quality and more. So why do people love Stories? Let’s find out!
Why Stories are Quickly Becoming the New Storefronts
Younger generations prefer brands that have the same values and morals as them. How can brands show where they stand if people aren’t physically coming into their stores? With Stories! Here are some reasons why social media Stories are a win-win for brands and consumers.
- Authenticity. Stories are seen as being more genuine and authentic compared to still images. They capture real moments and help brands get closer to consumers.
- Expression. Another benefit to Stories is that they allow for multiple elements, not just an image or text. Brands can include still images, graphics, emojis, sound, video, etc.
- Interactivity. Stories allow for interactive experiences. Brands can use Stories to launch Q&As and polls while adding music or video footage to create stronger brand ties.
- Less intrusive. Stories are less intrusive than typical social posts. They’re tucked away and users can interact with them when they want. But because they disappear after a short period of time, most people are tempted to check them out.
- Analytics. Thanks to automation tools, brands can take advantage of all audiences and behaviors across all social platforms.
- 24/hour activity. Just because your doors are closed doesn’t mean you can’t interact with customers. Stories allow you to connect with customers at the right moment and in the right context.
Getting your business on social media might feel overwhelming, but Yovia Social is here to help! Contact us today at 904-432-5369 to learn more about your options for getting your brand more active on social media and how to properly utilize the Stories feature.